Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Machine Embroidery Wedding Favors

Hi Friends,
I'm here but don't expect to see too much of me this summer.  It is a whirlwind of busy!!!  So much has happened since my last post and I will get to that in a moment.  For now though, let me show you some wedding favors I'm making that are a current work in progress.




These are little Hershey nugget wraps that I've made for a wedding reception.  I'm making 100 of them!  It is a simple and quick in-the-hoop project done on white felt.  I've used wisteria purple thread which is one of their wedding colors.  The designs come from one of my favorite places, Embroidery Garden.

This is just one of several wedding projects that is keeping me busy.  You will see more soon.  :-)

Well, since I last wrote a post, Emily graduated from high school.  That was a big day.  It was also the day that the horrible tornadoes went through Oklahoma City which is where Katie is stationed.  During the middle of that afternoon we started getting phone calls asking about Katie.  What a blessing she had two days off and was with us, safe and sound, for Emily's graduation.  Katie reported that some of the destruction was as near as 1/2 mile from the base.  That tragedy is something that has weighed heavy on my heart so please know if you are in the area and affected, I am still praying every day for you.  I think I was saddened most about the children.  I don't know what to say other than, I'm so sorry.

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Following graduation we celebrated Katie's 20th birthday, followed immediately by Emily's 18th birthday.  Follow that by our 25th wedding anniversary!  I love my sweet husband so much!!!
We went out for a special dinner and he gave me a silver bracelet.  25th is the silver anniversary!
Mike and I also went to Michigan for three days since I last wrote.  It was so beautiful and green there.  It is very brown where I live, high desert region.

Finally, I've spent two full days at the University of New Mexico with Emily at her orientation where she will go to school next year.  She is so excited and I'm excited for her!  I loved my days in college and it brought back a lot of good memories.  Mike and I were college sweethearts!

As I said at the beginning, don't expect to see me too much here, but know I'll stop in when I get a chance.  Know that I'm around and I'm thinking of each of you.

Love and blessings to you all,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...