Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Trapunto Machine Embroidery on Fleece

Dear Friends,
Fleece is such a fun fabric to sew on and it makes a perfect surface for doing trapunto style machine embroidery.  Trapunto is an Italian word which means "to embroider".  In Latin it means "to prick with a needle".  Quilters will occasionally use this technique to puff up part of their quilts.
 
My local sewing machine dealer, Ryan's Sewing and Vacuum holds an embroidery club which I belong to.  In class we made this pocket scarf and did the trapunto machine embroidery on it.


See how with trapunto, part of the design remains raised due to the fleece.  Like I said, I really enjoy fleece.  It cooperates and doesn't slip and is just super soft and warm for the winter months. 

The embroidery design is from Stitch Delight.

Now, would you like to see the most exquisite example of trapunto?  I'm sure this was done with a long arm commercial quilting machine.
Take a look!

Oh how I would love to have this on my bed!  It is from Biltmore, For Your Home Trapunto Quilt Collection.  I can dream right!  Did you see the chandelier in the bedroom? 

Happy Embroidering,
Nancy This post links to: 125

1 comment:

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...