Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Machine Embroidered Desk Organizer

Dear Friends,
Where is summer going?  I even feel like spring flew through here and I missed it!  Never have I felt time pass so quickly.
 
First there was Katie and Eric's wedding, and now lots of boy scout activities.
Mike and two additional leaders took 24 boys to West Virginia to the National Jamboree for boy scouts.  Our boy scout council didn't get their patches in until the day before so here I am with 3 others at the boy scout office stitching away to help get our men, young and old, ready to go.

My sweet Tim.
 
Today I want to show off a desk organizer I made in a sewing class at Ryan's Sewing and Vac in Albuquerque. 
A few years ago there was an "as seen on TV" commercial for a fold and go desk organizer.  I don't know if it is still on the air as I haven't seen it in some time.  Our instructor designed one of her own and taught us.  I, of course, took advantage of a blank spot above the top center pocket to do a bit of embroidery work.  When it is folded closed, it is held together by an elastic pony tail band and a button.  Clever!  The pockets are made using Pet Mesh.  This is a pet screen you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot where they sell window screen.  It is a fibrous screen with a plastic coating on it.  I've actually seen some beach bags made with it and it stitches easily with the sewing machine.
My decorative butterfly embellishment.  The design is from Embroidery Library.  What I have stored in it are stabilizer scraps.  The pockets hold different types of stabilizer, wash away, cut away, tear away, etc.  When I have a scrap of stabilizer that I know will fit in my smallest hoop, I save it here.
My garden is getting into full swing now.  I'm picking tomatoes, pole beans, peas, spinach, radishes, carrots, kale and herbs.  Take a look at this yellow beauty that decided to come up as a volunteer!  A bird must have dropped a couple seeds as I have two plants.  I'm going to cover them with mesh and hopefully harvest the seeds soon.  There are also some cucumber and zucchini making an appearance but too soon to pick.
For now though along with the vegetables, the plum tree and grape vines have been providing us, and the birds, with some yummy goodness.

Blessings everyone,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...