Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Machine Embroidery a Mug Rug

 
Good Morning My Sweet Embroidery Friends!
My how I'd love to have you stop in for a cup of coffee with me so we could catch up on all the latest and then spend a peaceful morning stitching away.  Fun, fun, fun!!!
I'm sure you have heard of these little placemats called "mug rugs".  If you haven't, just do a Google search for them and you will find many.  They are a miniature placemat meant to be used with just a drink and a snack, or in the instance of breakfast, coffee and a pastry.  They wash up easily in the laundry and are good to go the next day again.  I've made several and what I particularly enjoy is taking them outside and sitting on the patio to enjoy the start of my day.  Coffee, prayer, listening to the birds, there is nothing better!
In the above picture is my mug rug that I put together with jelly roll scraps.  This is a great scrap buster project.  My sewing machine has some built in lettering which I used to stitch the wording.  Then I pieced it all together with a scrap of quilt batting.  The pink border is the backing.  I cut the backing 1" larger all around and brought the backing to the front and tucked the raw edge in.  Then either whip stitch it by hand or use the machine and stitch closely to the edge.

This little cutie is a coaster from Oma's Place.  It is made in the 4 x 4 hoop.  I feel like it is a little too small to be a coaster plus I'm afraid it will get lost on its own, but take a look below....
It was the PERFECT embellishment for my mug rug!  Love it!!  One more little secret...It is one of her freebies!  Can't beat that. 

Just a few stitches to hold it in place and good to go.  :-)  A clever way to make a machine embroidered mug rug.

 
 
Finally, our youngest, Timothy, turned 16.  And yes, he's learning to drive.  Yikes!  His birthday was the day was the day he and Mike returned from the Boy Scout jamboree.  They didn't get home until about 10:45 at night so we only had a short time to celebrate.  Tim has a sweet tooth so Emily and I made up a candy buffet which he thought was fun.


 
Embroidery blessings to all of you!
Nancy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...