Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Embroidery It - Time of Lent


Dear Friends,

Today is an important day on the Christian calendar as it is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.  It is a time of preparation for Easter the highest of Holy Days. It is a time of repentance and prayer. Many people use this season to give up something as a sacrifice and to offer that sacrifice up to God. For many years, I have taught religion, this year to first graders, and I would speak to them about Lent and having a Lenten resolution. Those children can come up with some thoughtful answers. "I'm going to share my toys every day." "I'm going to help my mother every day with chores." "I'm going to pray every day." Some I'm sure have heard their parents speak about what they are doing for lent and will say, "I'm not going to watch TV," "I'm not going to eat candy," and so on. I really stress to them, and to my own children that this is a time not just of sacrifice, but a time to keep Christ first and foremost in our thoughts and in our actions. It is a time to work on becoming closer to Christ and becoming a better person.
I've been giving prayerful consideration over the past few weeks as to what I would do this year for my Lenten resolution.  For the next 40 days I've decided to focus on surrendering.  Surrendering my day to Christ to let His will be done through me, surrendering that His will be done, not my will be done.

Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness in preparation for what was to come.  May we use this season of Lent to prepare our hearts for Christ's ultimate gift, his death and resurrection so that we may have eternal life with Him.  May Jesus remain at the forefront of my thoughts and may His light shine through me.

Last night we had a beautiful celebration as our son Tim was confirmed into the Roman Catholic Church.  I am so incredibly proud of him as I am of all our children. 
 
Our daughter Emily was his sponsor.  She flew in from New Mexico for three days to be with him during this holy event.

Finally, Mike and I have just returned from Oklahoma City to visit our daughter Katie.  She deploys to Kuwait tomorrow.  She is proud to go, but mama here is not so excited.  I guess Kuwait is probably one of the safer places to be deployed to so for that I am grateful.  I am keeping her picture up here on the blog.  When you see it, would you lift her up in prayer as well as all our service men and women.  As I've read, "Home of the free because of the brave."  It is so true and I am so thankful for their service. 
 
As for machine embroidery, I've done bits and pieces and I'm working hard at digitizing that I will be sharing with you soon.  For now though, I'm enjoying precious time with family.
 
Love and blessings to you all,
Nancy

2 comments:

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...