Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Generations March Digitizing Challenge

Dear Friends,
This month, over at You Can Digitize, the Generations challenge has been on using the area tool.  We were all instructed to digitize this fish which certainly reminds me of Nimo.  He is a happy little guy!
 
I used a zig-zag pattern in the fish that I hope will be interpreted as fish scales.
 
The only two tools in the program that we were allowed to use were the area tool and the line tool which we had used last month to digitize the redwork teapot.  HERE is a link to my blog post if you would like to go back and see the teapot.
 
These are good challenges as they get me really working with the software and learning all the idiosyncrasies of what is involved in digitizing.

I'll have more of my digitizing to show you very soon!!

Finally, with all this crazy snow, and I think we have had about 120" now, we have had some leaks in our basement since the snow is starting to thaw.  Unfortunately they have been in my sewing room.  :-(

I've set up a table in Emily's bedroom, since she is away at college, and set up my embroidery shop there.  She has a large window that faces the front of the house so stitching in her room is really quite pleasant. 

The leaks are thankfully slow, just a seepage, but still.  Frustrating.  Mike cut out some of the drywall in my sewing room and we have the floor trim pulled off and carpet pulled back.  Just as we were finishing the other work in the basement remodel this happens.  Always something.  The leaks should be sealed this next week then Mike can replace the drywall and trim.  We will put new carpet padding down and I'm hoping a professional carpet clean will do the trick and the existing can be replaced.

That's it for today.  Here in Michigan the sun is shining and only a medium weight jacket is needed this afternoon.  Yeah!!

Embroidery Blessings Everyone,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...