Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Machine Embroidery Valentine Card

I belong to a group in which there are new digitizers {like myself}.  Sometimes people in the group will offer their designs for free.  It is a great way for digitizers to learn and test and get feedback.  You can see in this design that the filled part of the red heart does not match up with the outline around the heart.  It is a learning process and this girl or guy who designed it is off to a great start but it just needs a bit of tweaking.  I'm learning there are a lot of things to consider when creating a design and it all takes practice.  Even though this isn't a perfect design, I'm still in awe because I'm not at that level yet.  I'm learning though and I'm thankful to all who share because each time I learn something new.
 
As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm doing the digitizing challenges over at You Can Digitize and this month the challenge is on doing redwork.  Here are a couple of practice teapots that I digitized!  Yes, I'm doing the happy dance because I did these teapots from scratch.  I'm going to work on them some more today.  The above were stitched on some junk scraps of stabilizer. 
Here is my finished teapot stitched out on white cotton.  I'm ready to submit it for the challenge.  I added a bit of steam and I changed the flowers just a bit in the center to me more to my liking.   BTW...everyone in the challenge did this teapot.
 
Every day I learn more and more about my Generations software and practice makes perfect or at least close to perfect.
Happy Embroidering,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...