Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Great Thread Tip for Machine Embroiderers

Dear Friends,
I have learned a thread tip that I'm implementing right away and here it is...

Limit your thread selection.

What you see in the photo above is my thread collection.  Actually that isn't even all of it, I have about another 40 spools that aren't on the pegboard.  I guess I have a thread addiction and it needs to stop.  You can easily see in the photo that I have quite a few pinks and reds.  Why, oh why, do I need every shade.  I don't.

I'm using up my thread and then I'm limiting the colors I purchase from here on out.  I'm limiting them to 50 colors - tops.  Four shades of one color is sufficient.  I don't need 50 shades of gray!  I have my favorite colors I often reach for and many times, the other colors just sit and collect dust {not good for our sewing machines.}

There are several benefits to cutting back on all the color choices.  By limiting thread colors, this will save me time on thread selection.  I will easily know which colors I need to re-order.  When someone visits and wants something special done for them, fewer selections will make the selection process easier for them as well.  It will save $$$ by not buying willy-nilly and then just having the colors sit unused.

Have you ever considered limiting your thread selection?  I've heard of several people doing this with good results and I can really see the benefits of doing so.  Definitely something I am doing.

Embroidery Blessings,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, and I have just started machine embroidery. I love this tip! Thanks for the info. Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...