Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Working on New Website


Dear Friends,
I know just enough about computers to be dangerous.  :-)

I'm working on building a Word Press website that will eventually become the home of Embroidery It and I hope to have a shop on there to sell my designs.  I'm doing this myself rather than hiring a website designer to do it for me.  I did call around and got quotes from $1,000 to $2,000 plus more for monthly support.  YIKES!  Maybe at some point when I'm making a bit from my designs I can go in and have a professional polish up my website but for now it is what it is.  Most importantly, I'm learning something new and learning provides me with a lot of satisfaction.

Right now I have the domain www.embroideryit.com pointed to my new website through my new host.  Using Blue Host if anyone wants to know.  This blog will continue using Google's blogspot so you may notice in the URL it says www.embroideryit.blogspot.com   If, by chance you do happen to go to www.embroideryit.com, there is nothing there at the moment.  You can pop over from time to time if you like to see my progress, maybe cheer me on.....

Quite honestly, this post is more of a test than anything as I want to see if the feed from this post will be delivered to your inbox.  I'm not sure if my feed is connected with blogspot or not.  Boy this is a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo. 

As I continue to work on my website, I will be posting the occasional photo here of what I'm working on.  Hopefully it will be a little eye candy for you.  :-)  The above photo is my latest applique creation and is my own design.  I hope you enjoy!

Embroidery Blessings,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...