Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Welcome to Embroidery It



Hi Friends,
This is me in the picture.  I'm Nancy Jacobs and I'm pleased and proud to announce that my new business, Embroidery It, is launching!  Owning my own business has been a dream of mine for many years and now my dream is turning into a reality. 

I oh so enjoy machine embroidery!  I can't say that enough.  I have just gone wild with it and if it stands still long enough and a needle can pierce it, look out.  It will be embroidered on!  Embroidery for me is pure fun.  It has been through a series of events that now I want to share my passion with you.   My tagline is "Embroidery It provides creative personalization and unique gifts all with a needle and thread." 

Let me tell you a little about myself.  First and foremost I am a follower of Jesus.  I consider saying that I am a Christian to not be enough as I'm more than just a believer, I do my absolute best to truly live and follow the teachings of our Savior.  I am married to my best friend, Mike, for over 24 years now.  We have three beautiful teenage children.  The oldest two are girls and our youngest is our son.  Our oldest is out of the house now and is in the Air Force.  It is because of the children getting older and now leaving the nest that I have the time to pursue my passion of owning and running my own business and following my dream of being an entrepreneur.

You might also enjoy knowing that I relish all things involving homemaking, well not always cleaning, but I find delight in cooking, gardening, and all forms of crafting as well as the basics of running a household.  In fact, another passion of mine is helping young women learn about God's view on homemaking in order that their marriages become strong and so they can see God's plan for their lives.  Finally, I'm an independent Scentsy consultant.  That is a home party business that sells what would be called a flameless candle which melts wonderfully smelling wax.  If you are ever interested in anything Scentsy, you can visit my website HERE.   So that is a bit about me and who I am. 

Embroidery It is getting itself off the ground.  It is having a few business snafu's which I'm working out.  But hey!  That is part of being a business owner and getting past the learning curve, right?

I have been, and still am, working on getting my blog/website set up. I've also started a Facebook page which you can find HERE. My new Etsy store can be found HERE. It is so exciting! I've also been designing my own business cards.

For my first official job I have a team of cheerleading skirts in which I am personalizing with the girls names.  I will post a picture of them next week.  In the mean time, say a quick prayer that I get the business and website bugs worked out.  If I can help you out with any embroidery, please send me an e-mail to basketmaster_nancy(at)yahoo(dot)com and I'll get right back to you.

Thanks for visiting my site and I look forward to sharing my embroidery with you.
With hugs and blessings,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    Just discovered your site...beautiful embroidery work! Could you answer a question for me, please? I've started researching embroidery/sewing machines in my area (Massachusetts). Have tried Brother and Viking machines. After looking at the quality of your work, I'd love to know what type of machine you are using?

    Sincerely,
    Mary Ellen Casey
    artmec61@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ellen for you kind words. I have a Brother 1250D which is a combination sewing and embroidery machine. My largest hoop size is 5 x 7. My wish is to someday be able to get a 10 needle embroidery machine that is dedicated to embroidery in which I could stitch on larger projects and hats. A girl can dream right? Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. I also just found your site, and youtube videos. I was so excited to see that you have the same machine I own! (I won it in a drawing in 2011).

    Before winning my 1250D my sewing was done on my Elna Lotus TSP from 1977, and I did a lot of freemotion machine embroidery on that little workhorse. She is still my most loved machine.

    when I got my 1250D I first dove into all the amazing sewing features it has. I wasn't sure I'd ever use the embroidery....but was I ever WRONG! Now, 4 and a half years and SIX grandchildren later (ages 5 and under), I am LOVING the embroidery, and so glad I have a Disney capable machine.

    I recently purchased a second embroidery only machine. I got the NQ1400E, so now I have a larger hoop (6x10), color screen, and much better editing functions. I'd love to have a Dream Machine, but there is just not space in either my sewing room or my budget.

    I love doing ITH projects (seems like magic to me)and having a larger hoop now, widens what I can make.

    I listened to several of your youtube videos last night while doing some pressing and prep for some grandkid projects. I was touched by the "Is Busyness a Sin?" topic. Something to think about for sure. Like you, I am a woman on a Christian faith life journey. I know that I frequently wander "off the path", and love that I have a Savior who can "reel me in" to the safety of my walk with Him.

    God Bless!

    Sandra in WA.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...