Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Machine Embroidery on a Microfiber Napkin

Dear Friends,
Up here in Michigan for our first winter I can say we are literally up to our knees in snow.  It's over our little doggie's head and we have to shovel a path for her to get out.  Still, she seemingly enjoys the snow and sticks her head into it and prances around.  There was no school for Tim and just heard no school tomorrow either.  I am quite thankful that we have electricity, heat and a stocked refrigerator and pantry.  God is good.  Even with all the snow, you won't hear me complain.  I think it is simply beautiful.  Mike and I have lived a number of places and the change in scenery that we've experienced keeps us in awe.  From the desert to the tropics, from the mountains to the plains, God's beauty is everywhere.

I did a couple of last minute projects just before Christmas I've wanted to share with you.  Meijer, which is a grocery store chain had these microfiber napkins on clearance.  I guess the brown was considered a fall color.  A couple things to note about them, first is that iron on fusible stabilizer would not stick to the napkins and I was afraid to hold the iron in place too long.  Second, microfiber is slick!  It is extremely slippery in your hoop.   I highly recommend that you use a basting stitch and baste around your hoop before stitching the designs.  It is a smart plan to have several basting files uploaded onto your machine in different sizes for use at all times.  I've ran across free basting files online and when I run across them again, I'll be sure to post where you all can find them.  You want to do all you can to keep your fabric from slipping in the hoop.

I let my mother-in-law choose which one she wanted to keep.  She chose the top design.  My intent was for these to be used as liners in a bread basket.  It's certainly pretty on the table.

These designs are available from Monika at Oma's Place.

Please stay warm and healthy everyone.  I'm thinking warm thoughts for all of you.
Blessings,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...