Quantcast
Creative Personalization and Unique Gifts all with a Needle and Thread.

Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Machine Embroidery on T-Shirts with a Special Tip


Dear Friends,

In moving to our new home, this is the first time I have ever had a craft space all to myself.  In previous places my crafting/sewing place was in the dining room, shared with Mike's office or shared with the guest room.  Now, I have my own creative space that is mine to do with as I wish.  I don't have to feel rushed about picking up after myself immediately.  Heavenly.  In fact, I've been stitching in my sewing room every day since the new year!  What a treat :-)

This morning I spent a bit of time in my space which I am officially naming as "Embroidery It Headquarters."  I stitched something just for me, a long sleeve T.  Our Meijer grocery store/big box store was selling these in various colors and I picked up several.  They are perfect layering under a sweater. 

The design is actually three designs that I placed and stitched individually.  They came from Embroidery Library.  I wanted something wintery but not Christmassy and this fit the bill. 

For the stabilizer I used fusible Polymesh.  Now a real secret:  shhhh....The stitching of embroidery can itch or irritate skin, particularly if you are stitching something for a baby or toddler or even yourself.  On the inside of the shirt, after the shirt was embroidered, I ironed on "Cloud Cover Stitch".  Just google those three words and you will find a number of places that sell this stuff.  It is a really neat product.  It is not a stabilizer and has a multi-directional stretch.  It irons on easily but is very light weight and does not add to the bulk of the shirt or affect its drape.  It is so soft.  I am sure to put it on all stitching that comes in contact with skin.

Fun to do stitching just for me.

Stay warm friends! Love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment.
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...